DRG Epidemiology's coverage of type 1 diabetes comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in 45 countries worldwide. We report both the diagnosed incidence and diagnosed prevalence of type 1 diabetes for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets and 10 years for the other countries covered in this report.
DRG Epidemiology's type 1 diabetes forecast will answer the following questions:
- Of all people with type 1 diabetes, how many in each of the major mature pharmaceutical markets are drug-treated?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of type 1 diabetes over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods.
DRG Epidemiology provides at least ten years of forecast data for the following type 1 diabetes patient populations:
- Diagnosed prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed incident cases.
- Lifetime DALYs gained.
Note: Coverage may vary by country and region.
- Type 1 Diabetes - Epidemiology - Middle East & Africa
- Key Findings
- Key Updates
- Diagnosed Prevalence of Type 1 Diabetes per 1,000 People of All Ages in 2020 and 2030ttttttttt
- Relative Sizes of the Factors Contributing to the Trend in Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Type 1 Diabetes over the Next 10 Yearsttttttttt
- Number of Additional Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Type 1 Diabetes in 2030 in the Countries Under Study due to Trends in Risk or Survivalttttttttt
- Epidemiology Data
- Diagnosed Incident Cases of Type 1 Diabetes
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Type 1 Diabetes
- Lifetime DALYs Gained
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of Type 1 Diabetes
- Studies Excluded from the Analysis of Type 1 Diabetes
- Risk/Protective Factors
- Risk/Protective Factors for Type 1 Diabetes