DRG Epidemiology’s coverage of non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in 45 countries. We report the prevalence of NASH for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets and 10 years for the other countries covered.
DRG Epidemiology’s NASH forecast will answer the following questions:
- How will changes in the levels of exposure to known risk or protective factors affect the number of people living with NASH?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of NASH over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is provided for full transparency into research and methods.
In addition to the total number of cases for each forecast year, DRG Epidemiology provides at least ten years of forecast data for the following NASH subpopulations:
- Advanced fibrosis status.
- Obesity status.
Note: Coverage may vary by country.
- Non-Alcoholic Steatohepatitis - Epidemiology - Emerging Markets
- Key Findings
- Total Prevalence of NASH per 1,000 People of All Ages in 2018 and 2028
- Relative Sizes of the Contributing Factors to the Trend in Total Prevalent Cases of NASH over the Next Ten Years
- Number of Additional Prevalent Cases of NASH in 2028 in the Countries Under Study due to Trends in Risk or Survivalttttttttt
- Epidemiology Data
- Total Prevalent Cases
- Prevalent Cases with Obesity
- Total Prevalent Cases of NASH by Stage of Fibrosis
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of NASH
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of NASH by Stage of Fibrosis
- Drug-Treated Prevalent Cases of NASH
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of NASH
- Studies Excluded from the Analysis of NASH
- Risk/Protective Factors
- Risk/Protective Factors for NASH