DRG Epidemiology's coverage of T2D comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations across 45 countries worldwide. We report both the incidence and prevalence of T2D for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets and 10 years for the other countries covered in this report. In addition to forecasting incident and prevalent patient populations, the number of drug-treatment opportunities at specific lines of therapy are also forecast across the major mature pharmaceutical markets.
DRG Epidemiology's T2D forecast will answer the following questions:
- How will changes in the levels of exposure to known risk or protective factors affect the number of people living with T2D?
- Of all people with T2D, how many in each country have been formally diagnosed?
- Of all people diagnosed with T2D, how many in the major pharmaceutical markets across the world are drug-treated?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of T2D over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods.
In total, DRG Epidemiology forecasts 36 T2D patient populations, as follows:
- Total FPG criteria prevalent cases.
- Total FPG or HbA1c criteria prevalent cases.
- Total FPG criteria incident cases.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed drug-treated prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed drug-treated controlled prevalent cases.
- Lifetime DALYs gained.
- … and many more (details available on request).
- Type 2 Diabetes - Epidemiology - Asia Pacific
- Key Findings
- Prevalence of Type 2 Diabetes per 1,000 Among People Aged 20+ in 2018 and 2028
- Relative Sizes of the Factors Contributing to the Trend in Prevalent Cases of Type 2 Diabetes Over the Next 10 Yearsttttttttt
- Epidemiology Data
- Total Prevalent Cases
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Type 2 Diabetes
- Drug-Treated Cases of Type 2 Diabetes
- Total Incident Cases
- Lifetime DALYs Gained
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of Type 2 Diabetes
- Studies Excluded from the Analysis of Type 2 Diabetes
- Risk/Protective Factors
- Risk/Protective Factors for Type 2 Diabetes