DRG Epidemiology's coverage of type 2 diabetes comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations across 45 countries worldwide. We report the prevalence of type 2 diabetes for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population. Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets and 10 years for the other countries covered in this report. DRG Epidemiology's type 2 diabetes forecast will answer the following questions:
- How will changes in the levels of exposure to known risk or protective factors affect the number of people living with a diagnosis of type 2 diabetes?
- Of all people with type 2 diabetes, how many in each country across the major mature pharmaceutical markets have been formally diagnosed?
- Of all people diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, how many in each country across the major mature pharmaceutical markets are drug-treated?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of type 2 diabetes over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods.
In addition to the total number of cases for each forecast year, DRG Epidemiology also provides at least ten years of forecast data for the following type 2 diabetes subpopulations:
- CVD diagnosed prevalent cases by drug-treatment status
- Glycemic control by drug-treated status
- Glycemic control by diagnosis status
- Total prevalent cases by body mass index status
- Total prevalent cases by diagnosis status
- Total prevalent cases by renal impairment status
Note: coverage may vary by country and region. Source: Clarivate
- Type 2 Diabetes - Epidemiology - Mature Markets Data
- Prevalence of Type 2 Diabetes per 1,000 Among People Aged 20+ in 2018 and 2038
- Relative Sizes of the Contributing Factors to the Trend in Prevalent Cases of Type 2 Diabetes over the Next 20 Years
- Analysis of the Prevalent Cases of Type 2 Diabetes in 2018 by Diagnosed and Drug-Treated Status
- Analysis of the Prevalent Cases of Type 2 Diabetes in 2018 by Weight Classttttttttt
- Epidemiology Data
- Total Prevalent Cases of T2D
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of T2D
- Drug-Treated Cases of T2D
- Total Prevalent Cases of T2D by BMI Status
- Total Prevalent Cases of T2D by Renal Impairment Status.
- T2D by Glycemic Control
- History of CVD
- Total Prevalent Cases of IGT
- Lifetime DALYs Gained
- Total Incident Cases
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of T2D
- Studies Excluded from the Analysis of T2D
- Risk/Protective Factors
- Risk/Protective Factors for T2D