DRG Epidemiology's coverage of OPE comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations across 14 mature and emerging pharmaceutical markets worldwide. We report the prevalence of OPE for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets and 10 years for the other countries covered in this report.
DRG Epidemiology's OPE forecast will answer the following questions:
- Of all people with OPE, how many in each country across the major mature pharmaceutical markets have been formally diagnosed?
- Of all people diagnosed with OPE, how many in each country across the major mature pharmaceutical markets are drug-treated?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of OPE over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods.
DRG Epidemiology provides at least ten years of forecast data for the following OPE patient populations:
- Total prevalent cases
- Total prevalent cases by diagnosis
- Diagnosed prevalent cases by drug-treatment
Note: coverage may vary by country and region.
- Osteopenia - Epidemiology - Mature Markets
- Key Findings
- Total Prevalence of Osteopenia per 1,000 Among People Aged 40+ in 2021 and 2041
- Relative Sizes of the Contributing Factors to the Trend in Osteopenia Over the Next 20 Years
- Analysis of the Prevalent Cases of Osteopenia in 2017 by Diagnosed and Drug-Treated Status
- Epidemiology Data
- Total Prevalent Cases
- Diagnosed and Drug-Treated Prevalent Cases
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of Osteopenia
- Studies Excluded from the Analysis of Osteopenia
- Risk/Protective Factors
- Risk/Protective Factors for Osteopenia