Clarivate Epidemiology’s coverage of male hypogonadism comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in the major mature pharmaceutical markets (the United States, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom, and Japan). We report the prevalence of male hypogonadism for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets.
Clarivate Epidemiology’s male hypogonadism forecast will answer the following questions:
- Of all people with male hypogonadism, how many in each country in the major mature pharmaceutical markets have been formally diagnosed?
- Of all people diagnosed with male hypogonadism, how many in the major mature pharmaceutical markets are drug-treated?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of male hypogonadism over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the Clarivate Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is provided for full transparency into research and methods.
Clarivate Epidemiology forecasts 10 male hypogonadism patient populations, including the following:
- Diagnosed drug-treated prevalent cases.
- Undiagnosed prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed primary prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases.
- Symptomatic prevalent cases.
- Total prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed non-drug-treated prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases with diabetes.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases with hypertension.
- Diagnosed secondary prevalent cases.
Note: Coverage may vary by country.
- Male Hypogonadism - Epidemiology - Mature Markets
- Epidemiology Data
- Literature review (studies included in / excluded from the analyses of male hypogonadism)
- Total prevalent cases
- Diagnosed prevalent cases
- Symptomatic prevalent cases
- Drug-treated prevalent cases
- Comorbidities of male hypogonadism
- Male hypogonadism subtypes
- Risk / protective factors applied to disease forecast models
- Reference materials
- Abbreviation table