Clarivate Epidemiology’s coverage of chronic kidney disease (CKD) comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in 45 countries worldwide. We report the prevalence of CKD for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the total prevalent CKD populations and 10 years for the diagnosed prevalent populations in the mature pharmaceutical markets covered in this content.
Clarivate Epidemiology’s CKD forecast will answer the following questions:
- How many people with CKD are in each stage of CKD?
- Of all people with CKD, how many are diagnosed?
- Of all people diagnosed with CKD, how many are drug-treated?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of CKD over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the Clarivate Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to Microsoft Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods.
In total, Clarivate Epidemiology forecasts the following CKD patient populations:
- Total prevalent cases of stage 1 CKD.
- Total prevalent cases of stage 2 CKD.
- Total, diagnosed, and drug-treated prevalent cases of stage 3a CKD.
- Total, diagnosed, and drug-treated prevalent cases of stage 3b CKD.
- Total, diagnosed, and drug-treated prevalent cases of stage 4 CKD.
- Total, diagnosed, and drug-treated prevalent cases of stage 5 CKD.
- Total and diagnosed prevalent cases of dialysis-dependent stage 5 CKD.
- Total and diagnosed prevalent cases of stage 5 CKD transplant.
- Total and diagnosed prevalent cases of hyperkalemia by CKD stage and severity of hyperkalemia.
- Total and diagnosed cases of hyperphosphatemia by CKD stage.
Note: Coverage may vary by country and region.
- Chronic Kidney Disease - Epidemiology - Mature Markets
- Epidemiology data
- Literature review (studies included in/excluded from the analyses of chronic kidney disease)
- Total prevalent cases and staging
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases
- Diagnosed Drug-Treated Prevalent Cases
- Total prevalent cases of dialysis by type
- Total prevalent cases of hyperkalemia by CKD stage
- Total prevalent cases of hyperphosphatemia by CKD stage
- Risk / protective factors applied to disease forecast models
- Reference materials
- Abbreviation table