DRG Epidemiology’s coverage of osteoarthritis (OA) comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in 45 countries worldwide. We report the prevalence of OA in each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets and 10 years for the other countries covered in this report.
DRG Epidemiology’s OA forecast will answer the following questions:
- How will changes in the levels of exposure to known risk or protective factors affect the number of people living with a diagnosis of OA?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of OA over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods.
DRG Epidemiology forecasts one OA patient population:
- Diagnosed prevalent cases.
Note: Coverage may vary by country.
- Osteoarthritis - Epidemiology - Middle East And Africa
- Key Findings
- Diagnosed Lifetime Prevalence of Osteoarthritis per 1,000 Adults in 2021 and 2031tttttttttttttttt
- Relative Sizes of the Factors Contributing to the Trend in Diagnosed Lifetime Prevalent Cases of Osteoarthritis over the Next 10 Yearstttttttttttttt
- Number of Additional Diagnosed Lifetime Prevalent Cases of Osteoarthritis in 2031 in the Countries Under Study due to Trends in Risk tttttttttttttt
- Epidemiology Data
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Osteoarthritis
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of Osteoarthritis
- Studies Excluded from the Analysis of Osteoarthritis
- Risk/Protective Factors
- Risk/Protective Factors for Osteoarthritis