DRG Epidemiology’s coverage of alopecia areata (AA) comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in the major mature pharmaceutical markets under study (the United States, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom and Japan). We report both the incidence and prevalence of AA for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets.
DRG Epidemiology’s AA forecast will answer the following questions:
- Of all people diagnosed with AA, how many in each of the major mature pharmaceutical markets are drug-treated?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of AA over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is provided for full transparency into research and methods.
In addition to the total number of cases for each forecast year, DRG Epidemiology provides at least ten years of forecast data for the following AA subpopulations:
- Diagnosed incident cases by severity.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases by comorbidity status.
Note: Coverage may vary by country.
- Alopecia - Epidemiology - Mature Markets Data
- Key Findings
- Diagnosed Incidence of Alopecia Areata per 1,000 per Year Among People of All Ages in 2019 and 2039
- Diagnosed Lifetime Prevalence of Alopecia Areata per 1,000 per Year Among People of All Ages in 2019 and 2039
- Relative Sizes of the Factors Contributing to the Trend in Diagnosed Lifetime Prevalence Cases of Alopecia Areata over the Next 20 Years
- Analysis of the Diagnosed Incident Cases of Alopecia Areata in 2019 by Severity
- Epidemiology Data
- Diagnosed Incidence of Alopecia Areata
- Diagnosed Lifetime Prevalence of Alopecia Areata
- Diagnosed Incidence of Alopecia Areata by Severity
- Diagnosed Lifetime Prevalence of Alopecia Areata by Comorbidity Status
- Diagnosed Prevalence of Alopecia Areata by Drug-treatment Status
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of Alopecia Areata
- Studies Excluded from the Analysis of Alopecia Areata
- Risk/Protective Factors
- Risk/Protective Factors for Alopecia Areata