Clarivate Epidemiology’s coverage of axial spondyloarthritis (AxSpA) comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations across 45 countries worldwide. We report the diagnosed prevalence of (AxSpA) for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the mature markets and Europe, and 10 years for the other countries we cover.
All forecast data are available on Clarivate’s Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods.
Clarivate Epidemiology’s AxSpA forecast answers the following questions:
- How will changes in the levels of exposure to known risk or protective factors affect the number of people living with a diagnosis of AxSpA and the number of new diagnoses of AxSpA ?
- In developing countries, what impact will economic growth and development have on the number of people living with a diagnosis of AxSpA and the number of new diagnoses of AxSpA ?
- How will improvements in survival change the number of people living with a diagnosis of AxSpA ?
- Of all people diagnosed with AxSpA, how many in each country across the major mature pharmaceutical markets are drug-treated?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of AxSpA over the forecast period?
In addition to the total number of cases for each forecast year, Clarivate Epidemiology provides at least 10 years of forecast data for the following AxSpA subpopulations:
- Total prevalent cases of ankylosing spondylitis (AS).
- Total prevalent cases of AxSpA by HLA-B27 status.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases of AxSpA by drug-treatment status.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases of AS by drug-treatment status.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases of nonradiographic axial spondyloarthritis (nr-AxSpA) by drug-treatment status.
- Total prevalent cases of AxSpA by diagnosis status.
- Total prevalent cases of AS by diagnosis status.
- Total prevalent cases of nr-AxSpA by diagnosis status.
Note: Coverage may vary by country.