Clarivate Epidemiology’s coverage of axial spondyloarthritis (AxSpA) comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in 45 countries worldwide. We report the prevalence of AxSpA for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets (United States, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom, and Japan) and 10 years for the other countries covered in this report.
Clarivate Epidemiology’s AxSpA forecast will answer the following questions:
- Of all people with AxSpA, how many in each of the major mature pharmaceutical markets have been formally diagnosed?
- Of all people diagnosed with AxSpA, how many in each of the major mature pharmaceutical markets are drug-treated?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of AxSpA over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the Clarivate Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods.
In addition to the total number of cases for each forecast year, Clarivate Epidemiology provides at least 10 years of forecast data for the following AxSpA subpopulations:
- Total prevalent cases of ankylosing spondylitis (AS).
- Total prevalent cases of nonradiographic axial spondyloarthritis (nr-AxSpA).
- Total prevalent cases of AxSpA by HLA-B27 status.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases of AxSpA by drug-treatment status.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases of AS by drug-treatment status.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases of nr-AxSpA by drug-treatment status.
- Total prevalent cases of AxSpA by diagnosis status.
- Total prevalent cases of AS by diagnosis status.
- Total prevalent cases of nr-AxSpA by diagnosis status.
Note: Coverage may vary by country.
- Axial Spondyloarthritis - Epidemiology - Emerging Markets
- Key Findings
- Total Prevalence of Axial Spondyloarthritis per 1,000 People Aged 20 or Older in 2021 and 2031
- Relative Sizes of the Contributing Factors to the Trend in Total Prevalent Cases of Axial Spondyloarthritis Over the Next 10 Years
- Epidemiology Data
- Total Prevalent Cases of Axial Spondyloarthritis
- Total Prevalent Cases of Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Total Prevalent Cases of Nonradiographic Axial Spondyloarthritis
- Total Prevalent Cases of Axial Spondyloarthritis by HLA-B27 Status
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of Axial Spondyloarthritis
- Studies Excluded from the Analysis of Axial Spondyloarthritis
- Risk/Protective Factors
- Risk/Protective Factors for Axial Spondyloarthritis
- Abbreviation Table