DRG Epidemiology’s coverage of acne vulgaris comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in the major mature pharmaceutical markets (the United States, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom, and Japan). We report the prevalence of acne vulgaris for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
DRG Epidemiology’s acne forecast will answer the following question:
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of acne over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods.
In addition to the total number of prevalent cases of acne for each forecast year, DRG Epidemiology provides at least ten years of forecast data for the following acne subpopulations:
- Physiological acne.
- Clinical acne.
- Clinical acne by subtype.
- Total prevalent cases of acne vulgaris by pigmentation status.
- Total prevalent cases of acne vulgaris by scar status.
Note: Coverage may vary by country.
- Acne - Epidemiology - Mature Markets Data
- Key Findings
- Total Prevalence of Acne Vulgaris per 100 Among People of All Ages in 2018 and 2038
- Relative Sizes of the Factors Contributing to the Trend in Prevalent Cases of Acne Vulgaris over the Next 20 Yearsttttttttt
- Analysis of the Total Prevalent Cases of Acne Vulgaris in 2018 by Subtypettttttttt
- Epidemiology Data
- Total Prevalent Cases of Acne Vulgaris
- Physiological Acne
- Clinical Acne
- Clinical Acne by Subtype
- Total Prevalent Cases by Type of Pigmentation
- Total Prevalent Cases by Type of Scar
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of Acne Vulgaris
- Studies Excluded from the Analysis of Acne Vulgaris
- Risk/Protective Factors
- Risk/Protective Factors for Acne Vulgaris