Clarivate Epidemiology’s coverage of rheumatoid arthritis (RA) comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in 45 countries worldwide. We report the prevalence of RA for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets and 10 years for the other countries covered in this report.
Clarivate Epidemiology’s RA forecast will answer the following questions:
- Of all people with RA, how many in each country have been formally diagnosed?
- Of all people diagnosed with RA, how many in each of the major mature pharmaceutical markets are drug-treated?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of RA over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the Clarivate Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods.
In total, Clarivate Epidemiology forecasts eight RA patient populations, as follows:
- Total prevalent cases of RA.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases of RA.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases of mild RA.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases of moderate RA.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases of severe RA.
- Undiagnosed prevalent cases of RA.
- Diagnosed drug-treated prevalent cases of RA.
- Diagnosed non-drug-treated prevalent cases of RA.
Note: Coverage may vary by country.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis - Epidemiology - Americas
- Epidemiology data
- Literature review (studies included in/excluded from the analyses of rheumatoid arthritis)
- Total prevalent cases of rheumatoid arthritis
- Diagnosed prevalent cases of rheumatoid arthritis
- Diagnosed prevalent cases of rheumatoid arthritis by severity
- Diagnosed drug-treated prevalent cases of rheumatoid arthritis
- Risk / protective factors applied to disease forecast models
- Reference materials
- Abbreviation table