Clarivate Epidemiology's coverage of Crohn's disease comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in 45 countries worldwide. We report both the incidence and prevalence of Crohn's disease for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets of the United States, Europe and Japan, and 10 years for the other countries covered in this report.
Clarivate Epidemiology's Crohn's disease forecast will answer the following questions:
- How will changes in the levels of exposure to known risk or protective factors affect the number of people living with a diagnosis of Crohn's disease?
- In developing countries, what impact will economic growth and development have on the number of people diagnosed with Crohn's disease per year?
- Of all people diagnosed with Crohn's disease, how many in each country across the major mature pharmaceutical markets are drug-treated?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of Crohn's disease over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the Clarivate Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods.
In total, Clarivate Epidemiology forecasts 15 Crohn's disease patient populations, as follows:
- Diagnosed prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed incident cases.
- Diagnosed drug-treated (acute setting) prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed non-drug-treated (acute setting) prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed drug-treated (maintenance setting) prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed non-drug-treated (maintenance setting) prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed B1 (nonstricturing, nonfistulizing) prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed B2 (stricturing) prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed B3 (penetrating) prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed L1 (terminal ileum) prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed L2 (colonic) prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed L3 (ileocolonic) prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases in remission.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases with low activity.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases with high activity.
Note: coverage may vary by country.
- Crohn's Disease - Epidemiology - Epidemiology Dashboard
- Crohn's disease Epidemiology Dashboard