DRG Epidemiology’s coverage of rheumatoid arthritis (RA) comprises epidemiological estimates of key
DRG Epidemiology's coverage of rheumatoid arthritis (RA) comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in 45 countries worldwide. We report the prevalence of RA for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets and 10 years for the other countries covered in this report.
DRG Epidemiology's RA forecast will answer the following questions:
- Of all people with RA, how many in each country have been formally diagnosed?
- Of all people diagnosed with RA, how many in each of the major mature pharmaceutical markets are drug-treated?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of RA over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods.
In total, DRG Epidemiology forecasts ten RA patient populations, as follows:
- Total prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed mild prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed moderate prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed severe prevalent cases.
- Undiagnosed prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed drug-treated prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed non-drug-treated prevalent cases.
- Total incident cases.
- Lifetime DALYs gained.
Note: Coverage may vary by country.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis - Epidemiology - Emerging Markets
- Key Findings
- Key Updates
- Total Prevalence of Rheumatoid Arthritis per 1,000 Among Adults in 2020 and 2030ttttttttt
- Relative Sizes of the Factors Contributing to the Trend in Total Prevalent Cases of Rheumatoid Arthritis over the Next Ten Yearsttttttttt
- Analysis of Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Rheumatoid Arthritis in the Countries Under Study in 2020 by Severityttttttttt
- Epidemiology Data
- Total Prevalent Cases
- Total Incident Cases
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases by Severity
- Diagnosed Drug-Treated Prevalent Cases
- Lifetime DALYs Gained
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Studies Excluded from the Analysis of Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Risk / Protective Factors
- Risk / Protective Factors for Rheumatoid Arthritis