DRG Epidemiology's coverage of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations globally, including the major mature pharmaceutical markets (the United States, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom, and Japan). We report the prevalence of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
DRG Epidemiology's idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis forecast will answer the following questions:
- Of all people with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis, how many in each country have been formally diagnosed?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis over the forecast period?
- How many people with diagnosed idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis also have gastroesophageal reflux disease, pulmonary hypertension, emphysema, and/or obstructive sleep apnea?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods.
DRG Epidemiology provides at least ten years of forecast data for the following idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis patient populations:
- Diagnosed prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases with comorbid gastroesophageal reflux disease.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases with comorbid emphysema.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases with comorbid obstructive sleep apnea.
- Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis - Epidemiology - Emerging Markets
- Key Findings
- Prevalence of Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis per 100,000 People Aged 40+ in 2016 and 2027ttttttt
- Patient Flow of Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis in the Countries Under Study in 2017
- Relative Sizes of the Contributing Factors to the Trend in Prevalent Cases of Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis over the Next Ten Yearsttttttttt
- Analysis of the Prevalent Cases of Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis in 2016 by Severity using GAP Stages
- Number of Additional Prevalent Cases of Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis Incurred Over the Period 2016-2026 Across the Countries Under Studyttttttttt
- Epidemiology Data
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases
- Diagnosed Incident Cases
- Severity Stages
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of IPF with Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of IPF with Pulmonary Hypertension
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of IPF with Emphysema
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of IPF with Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Studies Excluded from the Analysis of Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Risk/Protective Factors
- Risk/Protective Factors for Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis