DRG Epidemiology’s coverage of scleroderma (systemic sclerosis) (SSc) comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in14 mature and emerging pharmaceutical markets worldwide. We report both the diagnosed incidence and the diagnosed prevalence of SSc for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets and 10 years for the other countries covered in this report. In addition to forecasting diagnosed incident and diagnosed prevalent patient populations, we estimate the number of drug-treatment opportunities in the major mature pharmaceutical markets.
DRG Epidemiology’s SSc forecast will answer the following questions:
- How will changes in the levels of exposure to known risk or protective factors affect the number of people living with SSc?
- Of all people diagnosed with SSc, how many in the major mature pharmaceutical markets are drug-treated?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of SSc over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods. In addition, we provide a graph of the patient flow between or within different disease states for the major mature pharmaceutical markets. These patient-flow diagrams are provided at the regional level but may be requested for any specific country or forecast year.
In total, DRG Epidemiology forecasts seven SSc patient populations, as follows:
- Diagnosed prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed diffuse cutaneous prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed limited cutaneous prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed limited/unspecified prevalent cases.
- Drug-treated prevalent cases.
- Non-drug-treated prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed incident cases.
Note: Coverage may vary by country.
- Scleroderma (Systemic Sclerosis) - Epidemiology - Mature Markets
- Key Updates
- Diagnosed Prevalence of Systemic Sclerosis per 100,000 People Aged 15+ in 2019 and 2039
- Patient-Flow Diagram for Systemic Sclerosis
- Relative Sizes of the Contributing Factors to the Trend in Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Systemic Sclerosis over the Next 20 Yearsttttttttt
- Analysis of Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Systemic Sclerosis in the Countries Under Study in 2019 by Severityt
- Number of Additional Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Systemic Sclerosis in 2039 in the Countries Under Study due to Trends in Disease Risk tttttttt
- Epidemiology Data
- Diagnosed Prevalence
- Diagnosed Incidence
- Disease Subtypes by Severity
- Disease Subtypes by Comorbid Interstitial Lung Disease Status
- Drug-Treated Prevalent Cases
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of Systemic Sclerosis
- Studies Excluded from the Analysis of Systemic Sclerosis
- Risk/Protective Factors
- Risk/Protective Factors for Systemic Sclerosis