Clarivate Epidemiology's coverage of scleroderma (systemic sclerosis) comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations across 14 mature and emerging pharmaceutical markets worldwide. We report both the incidence and prevalence of scleroderma (systemic sclerosis) for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets and 10 years for the other countries covered in this report.
Clarivate Epidemiology's scleroderma (systemic sclerosis) forecast will answer the following questions:
- Of all people diagnosed with scleroderma (systemic sclerosis), how many in each country across the major mature pharmaceutical markets are drug-treated?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of scleroderma (systemic sclerosis) over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the Clarivate Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods.
In total, Clarivate Epidemiology forecasts eleven scleroderma (systemic sclerosis) patient populations, as follows:
- Diagnosed incident cases.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases of diffuse cutaneous SSc.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases of limited cutaneous SSc.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases of limited or unspecified SSc.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases with comorbid ILD.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases with no comorbid ILD.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases with comorbid PAH.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases with no comorbid PAH.
- Drug-treated prevalent cases.
- Non-drug-treated prevalent cases.
Note: coverage may vary by country.
- Scleroderma (Systemic Sclerosis) - Epidemiology - Mature Markets
- Epidemiology Data
- Literature review (studies included in/excluded from the analyses of systemic sclerosis)
- Diagnosed prevalent cases
- Diagnosed incidence cases
- Disease subtypes by severity
- Diagnosed prevalent cases by comorbid interstitial lung disease status
- Diagnosed prevalent cases by comorbid pulmonary arterial hypertension status
- Drug-treated prevalent cases
- Risk / protective factors applied to disease forecast models
- Reference materials
- Abbreviation table