Clarivate Epidemiology's coverage of allergic rhinitis (AR) comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations across the major mature pharmaceutical markets (the United States, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom and Japan). We report the prevalence of AR for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets and 10 years for the other countries covered in this report.
Clarivate Epidemiology's AR forecast will answer the following questions:
- Of all people with AR, how many in each country across the major mature pharmaceutical markets have been formally diagnosed?
- Of all people diagnosed with AR, how many in each country across the major mature pharmaceutical markets are drug-treated?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of AR over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the Clarivate Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods.
In total, Clarivate Epidemiology forecasts nine AR patient populations, as follows:
- Total AR prevalent cases.
- Total persistent AR prevalent cases.
- Total intermittent AR prevalent cases.
- Total mild AR prevalent cases.
- Total AR prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed AR prevalent cases.
- Undiagnosed AR prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed drug-treated AR prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed non-drug-treated AR prevalent cases.
Note: Coverage may vary by country.
- Allergic Rhinitis - Epidemiology - Mature Markets
- Key Findings
- Prevalence of Allergic Rhinitis per 1,000 People of All Ages in 2021 and 2041
- Relative Sizes of the Factors Contributing to the Trend in Prevalent Cases of Allergic Rhinitis Over the Next 20 Years
- Analysis of the Prevalent Cases of Allergic Rhinitis by Diagnosed and Drug-Treated Status
- Analysis of the Prevalent Cases of Allergic Rhinitis by Symptom Duration
- Analysis of the Prevalent Cases of Allergic Rhinitis by Symptom Severity
- Epidemiology Data
- Total Prevalent Cases
- Total Prevalence by Symptom Duration
- Total Prevalence by Symptom Severity
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases
- Drug-Treated Prevalent Cases
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of Allergic Rhinitis
- Studies Excluded from the Analysis of Allergic Rhinitis
- Risk / Protective Factors
- Risk / Protective Factors for Allergic Rhinitis