DRG Epidemiology’s coverage of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations globally, including the major mature pharmaceutical markets (the United States, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom, and Japan). We report the prevalence of IPF for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
DRG Epidemiology’s IPF forecast will answer the following questions:
- Of all people with IPF, how many in each country have been formally diagnosed?
- Of all people formally diagnosed with IPF, how many in each country have been drug-treated?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of IPF over the forecast period?
- How many people diagnosed with IPF also have gastroesophageal reflux disease, pulmonary hypertension, emphysema, and/or obstructive sleep apnea?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods.
DRG Epidemiology provides at least ten years of forecast data for the following IPF patient populations:
- Diagnosed prevalent cases.
- Drug-treated prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases with comorbid gastroesophageal reflux disease.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases with comorbid pulmonary hypertension.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases with comorbid emphysema.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases with comorbid obstructive sleep apnea.
- Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis - Epidemiology - Mature Markets
- Key Updates
- Prevalence of Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis per 100,000 People Aged 40+ in 2020 and 2040ttttttt
- Relative Sizes of the Factors Contributing to the Trend in Prevalent Cases of Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis over the Next Twenty Yearsttttttttttttttttt
- Analysis of Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis in the Countries Under Study in 2020 by GAP Stagesttttttttt
- Epidemiology Data
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases
- Diagnosed Incident Cases
- Severity Stages
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of IPF with Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of IPF with Pulmonary Hypertension
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of IPF with Emphysema
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of IPF with Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Drug-Treated Prevalent Cases
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Studies Excluded from the Analysis of Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Risk/Protective Factors
- Risk/Protective Factors for Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis