DRG Epidemiology's coverage of male LUTS comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations across 45 countries worldwide. We report the prevalence of male LUTS for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets and 10 years for the other countries covered in this report.
DRG Epidemiology's male LUTS forecast will answer the following questions:
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of male LUTS over the forecast period?
- Of all people with male LUTS, how many in each country across the major mature pharmaceutical markets have been formally diagnosed?
- Of all people diagnosed with male LUTS, how many in each country across the major mature pharmaceutical markets are drug-treated?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods.
In addition to the total number of cases for each forecast year, DRG Epidemiology also provides at least ten years of forecast data for the following male LUTS subpopulations:
- Total prevalent cases by severity status
- Total prevalent cases by diagnosis status
- Total prevalent cases by comorbid ED
- Diagnosed prevalent cases by drug-treatment status
Note: coverage may vary by country.
- Male Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms - Epidemiology - Mature Markets Data
- Key Findings
- Total Prevalence of Male Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms per 1,000 Among Males Aged 40 or Older in 2018 and 2038ttttttttt
- Relative Sizes of the Factors Contributing to the Trend in Total Prevalent Cases of Male Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms over the Next 20 Yearsttttttttt
- Analysis of the Total Prevalent Cases of Male Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms in 2018 by Severityttttttttt
- Epidemiology Data
- Total Prevalent Cases
- Severity of Male Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases
- Drug-Treated Cases
- Comorbid Erectile Dysfunction
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms
- Studies Excluded from the Analysis of Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms
- Risk/Protective Factors
- Risk/Protective Factors for Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms