DRG Epidemiology’s coverage of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in mature markets. We report the total prevalence of GERD for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
The patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for all countries covered in this report.
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods.
DRG Epidemiology’s forecast will answer the following questions:
- How will changes in obesity trends impact the prevalence of GERD?
- What proportion of the total cases of GERD are diagnosed in the countries included in this report?
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Epidemiology - Mature Markets
- Key Findings
- Key Updates
- Prevalence of GERD per 1,000 People Aged 18 Years or Older in 2019 and 2039
- Depiction of Patient Flow for GERD in the Mature Markets in 2019
- Relative Sizes of Contributing Factors to the Trend in Prevalent Cases of GERD in the Next 20 Years
- Analysis of the Prevalent Cases of GERD in 2019 by Severity
- Number of Additional Prevalent Cases of GERD Incurred over 2019-2039 in the Countries Under Study
- Analysis of Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of GERD in 2019 by Subtype
- Epidemiology Data
- Total Prevalent Cases of GERD
- Total Prevalent Cases of GERD by Severity
- Total Prevalent Cases of GERD by BE Segment Length
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of GERD
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of GERD by Subtype
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of GERD
- Studies Excluded from the Analysis of GERD
- Risk/Protective Factors