DRG Epidemiology's coverage of psoriasis (PsO) comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations across 45 countries worldwide. We report the total symptomatic prevalence of PsO for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets and 10 years for the other countries covered in this report. In addition to forecasting prevalent patient populations, the number of drug-treatment opportunities at specific lines of therapy are also forecast across the developed world.
DRG Epidemiology's PsO forecast will answer the following questions:
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of PsO over the forecast period?
- Of all people with PsO, how many have received a physician diagnosis?
- Of all people diagnosed with PsO, how many in each country across the developed world are drug-treated?
- Of all people diagnosed with symptomatic PsO, how many cases are mild, moderate, or severe?
- Of all people diagnosed with symptomatic PsO, how many have plaque PsO?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods.
DRG Epidemiology provides at least ten years of forecast data for the following psoriasis subpopulations:
- Total prevalent symptomatic cases.
- Diagnosed symptomatic prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed symptomatic prevalent cases by severity.
- Diagnosed symptomatic prevalent cases by drug treatment status.
- Diagnosed symptomatic prevalent cases by subtype.
Note: Coverage may vary by country.
- Psoriasis - Epidemiology - Mature Markets
- Key Findings
- Key Updates
- Prevalence of Psoriasis per 1,000 Among People of All Ages in 2019 and 2039
- Relative Sizes of the Contributing Factors to the Trend in Prevalent Cases of Psoriasis Over the Next 20 Years
- Analysis of the Prevalent Cases of Psoriasis in 2019 by Severity
- Analysis of the Prevalent Cases of Psoriasis in 2019 by Drug-Treated Status
- Epidemiology Data
- Diagnosed Incident Cases
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases by Severity
- Diagnosed Drug-Treated Prevalent Cases by Severity
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases by Subtype
- Lifetime DALYs Gained
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of Psoriasis
- Studies Excluded from the Analysis of Psoriasis
- Risk/Protective Factors
- Risk/Protective Factors for Psoriasis