DRG Epidemiology’s coverage of cystic fibrosis (CF) comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in 45 countries worldwide. We report both the incidence and prevalence of CF for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
DRG Epidemiology’s CF forecast will answer the following questions:
- How will improvements in survival change the number of people living with a diagnosis of CF?
- Of all people diagnosed with CF, how many in each country are drug-treated?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of CF over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods.
DRG Epidemiology forecasts the following CF patient populations:
- Birth incident cases.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases stratified by CFTR mutation.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases stratified by FEV1 status.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases stratified by airway pathogen.
- Drug-treated prevalent cases.
Note: Coverage may vary by country.
- Cystic Fibrosis - Epidemiology - Mature Markets
- Key Findings
- Diagnosed Prevalence of Cystic Fibrosis per 100,000 People of All Ages in 2019 and 2029
- Analysis of the Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Cystic Fibrosis in 2019 by CFTR Mutation Statusttttttttt
- Relative Sizes of the Contributing Factors to the Trend in Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Cystic Fibrosis over the Next Ten Years
- Number of Additional Prevalent Cases of Cystic Fibrosis in the Countries Under Study by 2029ttttttttt
- The Patient-Flow Diagram for Cystic Fibrosis in the United States in 2019
- The Patient-Flow Diagram for Cystic Fibrosis in the Mature Markets in 2019
- The Patient-Flow Diagram for Cystic Fibrosis in 2019
- Birth Incident Cases
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases Stratified by CFTR Mutation
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases Stratified by FEV1 Status
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases Stratified by Airway Pathogen
- Diagnosed Drug-Treated Prevalent Cases
- Epidemiology Data
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of Cystic Fibrosis
- Studies Excluded from the Analysis of Cystic Fibrosis
- Risk/Protective Factors
- Risk/Protective Factors for Cystic Fibrosis