DRG Epidemiology’s coverage of atopic dermatitis/atopic eczema (AD) comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in the major mature pharmaceutical markets (the United States, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom, and Japan). We report the prevalence of AD for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets and 10 years for the other countries covered in this report. In addition to forecasting prevalent patient populations, we estimate the number of drug-treatment opportunities in specific lines of therapy in the major mature pharmaceutical markets.
DRG Epidemiology’s AD forecast will answer the following questions:
- Of all people with AD, how many in each of the major mature pharmaceutical markets have been formally diagnosed?
- Of all people diagnosed with AD, how many of the major mature pharmaceutical markets are drug-treated?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of AD over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods.
In addition to the total number of cases for each forecast year, DRG Epidemiology provides at least ten years of forecast data for the following AD subpopulations:
- Diagnosed prevalent by severity.
- Total prevalent cases by diagnosis status.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases by treatment status.
Note: Coverage may vary by country.
- Atopic Dermatitis/Atopic Eczema - Epidemiology - Mature Markets
- Key Updates
- Total Prevalence of Atopic Dermatitis per 100 People of All Ages in 2019 and 2039
- Patient-Flow Diagram for [Indication X] Across All Countries Under Study in [Year]
- Relative Sizes of the Contributing Factors to the Trend in Total Prevalent Cases of Atopic Dermatitis over the Next 20 Years
- Analysis of 12-Month Total Prevalent Cases of Atopic Dermatitis in the Countries Under Study in 2019 by Severity
- Analysis of Prevalent Cases of Atopic Dermatitis in 2019 by Diagnosis Status
- Epidemiology Data
- Twelve-Month Total Prevalent Cases
- Twelve-Month Total Prevalent Cases by Severity
- Diagnosed Twelve-Month Prevalent Cases
- Diagnosed Drug-Treated 12-Month Prevalent Cases
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of Atopic Dermatitis
- Studies Excluded from the Analysis of Atopic Dermatitis
- Risk/Protective Factors
- Risk/Protective Factors for Atopic Dermatitis