Clarivate Epidemiology's coverage of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations across 45 countries worldwide. We report the prevalence of COPD for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets of the United States, Europe, and Japan and a period of 10 years for the other countries covered in this report.
Clarivate Epidemiology's COPD forecast will answer the following questions:
- How will changes in the levels of exposure to known risk or protective factors affect the number of people living with COPD?
- In developing countries, what impact will economic growth and development have on the number of people living with a diagnosis of COPD?
- Of all people with COPD, how many in each country across the world have been formally diagnosed?
- Of all people diagnosed with COPD, how many in each country across the major mature pharmaceutical markets are drug-treated?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of COPD over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the Clarivate Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods.
In total, Clarivate Epidemiology forecasts 22 COPD patient populations, as follows:
- Diagnosed prevalent cases with comorbid lifetime asthma.
- Diagnosed mild to moderate prevalent cases.
- Spirometric-negative prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed severe to very severe drug-treated prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed GOLD-defined prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed moderate prevalent cases.
- Eosinophilic COPD prevalent cases.
- GOLD-defined prevalent cases.
- … and many more (details available on request).
Note: Coverage may vary by country.
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease - Epidemiology - Mature Markets
- Total Prevalence of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease per 100 People Aged 40 or Older in 2021 and 2041ttttttt
- Relative Sizes of the Factors Contributing to the Trend in Total Prevalent Cases of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Over the Next 20 Years
- Analysis of Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease in the Countries Under Study in 2021 by Severityttttttt
- Analysis of Total Prevalent Cases of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease in 2021 by Diagnosed and Drug-Treated Status
- Number of Total Prevalent Cases of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease in 2041 Prevented Across the Countries Under Study Owing to Trends in Risk
- Epidemiology Data
- Total GOLD-Defined Prevalent Cases
- Total Prevalent Cases
- Spirometric-Negative Prevalent Cases
- Total GOLD-Defined Prevalent Cases by Severity
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases by Severity
- Asthma-COPD Overlap
- Acute Exacerbations of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Eosinophilic Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Drug-Treated Cases of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Studies Excluded from the Analysis of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Risk/Protective Factors
- Risk/Protective Factors for Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease