DRG Epidemiology's coverage of asthma comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations across 45 countries worldwide. We report the prevalence of asthma for each country as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets and 10 years for the other countries covered in this report.
DRG Epidemiology's asthma forecast will answer the following questions:
- How will changes in the levels of exposure to known risk or protective factors affect the number of people living with a diagnosis of asthma?
- In developing countries, what impact will economic growth and development have on the number of people living with a diagnosis of asthma?
- Of all people diagnosed with asthma, how many in each country across the major mature pharmaceutical markets are drug-treated?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of asthma over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods.
In addition to the total number of cases for each forecast year, DRG Epidemiology provides at least ten years of forecast data for the following asthma subpopulations:
- Diagnosed prevalent cases (symptomatic or medically controlled) by severity.
- Drug treated status.
- Drug treated status: intermittent/mild.
- Drug treated status: moderate/severe.
- Symptomatic diagnosed prevalent cases by severity.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases by British Thoracic Society steps.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases by history of atopy.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases by eosinophilic status.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases by eosinophilic severity.
Note: coverage may vary by country.
- Asthma - Epidemiology - Mature Markets
- Key Findings
- Prevalence of Diagnosed Symptomatic Asthma per 1,000 Among People of All Ages in 2018 and 2038
- Relative Sizes of the Contributing Factors to the Trend in Diagnosed Symptomatic Prevalent Cases of Asthma Over the Next 20 Years
- Analysis of Diagnosed Symptomatic Prevalent Cases of Asthma in 2018 by Severity
- Analysis of Diagnosed Symptomatic Prevalent Cases of Asthma by Drug-Treated Status
- Diagnosed Symptomatic or Medically Controlled Prevalent Cases
- Diagnosed Symptomatic or Medically Controlled Prevalent Cases by Severity
- Diagnosed Symptomatic or Medically Controlled Prevalent Cases by BTS Steps
- Diagnosed Symptomatic or Medically Controlled Prevalent Cases by History of Atopy
- Diagnosed Symptomatic or Medically Controlled Prevalent Cases by Eosinophilic Status
- Diagnosed Symptomatic and Medically Controlled Eosinophilic Prevalent Cases by Severity
- Diagnosed Symptomatic Prevalent Cases
- Diagnosed Symptomatic Incident Cases
- Lifetime DALYs Gained
- Diagnosed Symptomatic Prevalent Cases by Severity
- Drug-Treated Cases of Asthma
- Epidemiology Data
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of Asthma
- Studies Excluded from the Analysis of Asthma
- Risk/Protective Factors
- Risk/Protective Factors for Asthma