DRG Epidemiology's coverage of COVID-19 vaccine comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in the major mature pharmaceutical markets (the United States, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom, and Japan). We report the prevalence of influenza vaccine for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
DRG Epidemiology's COVID-19 vaccine forecast will answer the following questions:
- How many medical doctors and nurses are there in the major mature markets? These frontline workers will be among the first eligible for the COVID-19 vaccination.
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of the COVID-19 vaccination in the elderly population over the forecast period?
- How many people younger than age 65 are at a high risk for complications from COVID-19?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods. DRG Epidemiology provides at least ten years of forecast data for the following COVID-19 vaccine patient populations:
- Total number of medical doctors and nurses.
- Total number of people older than age 65.
- Total number of people younger than age 65 who have chronic conditions that put them at a high risk for COVID-19 complications.
Note: coverage may vary by country and region.
- COVID-19 Vaccine - Epidemiology - Mature Market
- Key Findings
- Prevalence of COVID-19 Vaccine per 100 Among People of All Ages in 2020 and 2040
- Relative Sizes of the Contributing Factors to the Trend in the COVID-19 Vaccine-Eligible Population Over the Next Twenty Years
- Analysis of the COVID-19 Vaccine-Eligible Population by Risk Group
- Number of Additional People Eligible for COVID-19 Vaccines in 2040 in the Countries Under Study due to Trends in Risk of Underlying Conditions
- Epidemiology Data
- Healthcare Workers
- COVID-19 Vaccine-Eligible Older Population
- COVID-19 High-Risk People Older than Age 65
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of COVID-19 Vaccine
- Studies Excluded from the Analysis of COVID-19 Vaccine
- Risk / Protective Factors