Clarivate Epidemiology’s coverage of hepatitis c virus (HCV) comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in 45 countries. We report both the incidence and prevalence of HCV for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Clarivate Epidemiology’s HCV forecast will answer the following questions:
- How will changes in the levels of exposure to known risk or protective factors affect the number of people diagnosed with HCV per year?
- How will improvements in survival change the number of people living with HCV?
- Of all people with HCV, how many in each country have been formally diagnosed?
- Of all people diagnosed with HCV, how many in each country are drug-treated?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of HCV over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the Clarivate Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods.
Clarivate Epidemiology forecasts 49 HCV patient populations, including the following:
- Diagnosed GT3 viremic noncirrhotic prevalent cases.
- Viremic cirrhotic prevalent cases.
- Drug-treated GT3 viremic noncirrhotic sustained virologic response (SVR) events.
- Drug-treated GT2 viremic cirrhotic events.
- Viremic noncirrhotic prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed GT2 viremic cirrhotic prevalent cases.
- GT3 viremic prevalent cases.
- Drug-treated GT4+ viremic noncirrhotic events.
- Drug-treated GT3 viremic cirrhotic SVR events.
- Drug-treated GT1 viremic noncirrhotic events.
- … and many more (details available on request).
Note: Coverage may vary by country.
- Hepatitis C Virus - Epidemiology - Asia-Pacific Data
- Key Findings
- Prevalence of Hepatitis C Virus per 1,000 People of All Ages per Year in 2021 and 2031
- Relative Sizes of the Contributing Factors to the Trend in Prevalent Cases of Hepatitis C Virus Over the Next 10 Years
- Analysis of Viremic Prevalent Cases of Hepatitis C Virus in 2021 by Genotype
- Analysis of the Prevalent Cases of Hepatitis C Virus in 2017 by Diagnosed and Drug-Treated Status
- Epidemiology Data
- Total Seroprevalent Cases
- Total Incident Cases
- Total Prevalent Viremic Cases
- Prevalence of Hepatitis C Virus by Genotype
- Liver Cirrhosis by Hepatitis C Virus Genotype
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases
- Drug-Treated Prevalent Cases
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of HCV
- Studies Excluded From the Analysis of HCV
- Risk/Protective Factors
- Risk/Protective Factors for HCV