DRG Epidemiology’s coverage of hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations across 45 countries. We report the total prevalence of HBV infection for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
The patient populations are forecast over a period of ten years for all the countries covered in this report.
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods.
DRG Epidemiology's HBV infection forecast will answer the following questions:
- How will changes in HBV vaccine coverage impact the prevalence of HBV infections?
- Of all the people diagnosed with HBV infection, what percentage in each country across the major markets are drug-treated?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of HBV infection over the forecast period?
- Hepatitis B Virus - Epidemiology - Middle East Africa Data
- Key Updates
- Trends in the Growth of Total Prevalent Cases of HBV Infection Over the Next Ten Years
- Relative Sizes of the Contributing Factors to the Trend in Prevalent Cases of HBV Infection Over the Next Ten Years
- Number of Prevalent Cases of HBV Infection Avoided Over the Period 2019-2029 Across the Countries in This Region
- Epidemiology Data
- Total Prevalence
- HBeAg Status
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of HBVu00a0Infection
- Studies Excluded from the Analysis of HBVu00a0Infection
- Risk/Protective Factors
- Risk/Protective Factors for HBVu00a0Infection