DRG Epidemiology's coverage of RSV comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations across the major mature pharmaceutical markets (United States, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom, and Japan). We report both the incidence and prevalence of RSV infection for each country as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
DRG Epidemiology's RSV forecast will answer the following questions:
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, and the launch of the RSV vaccine affect the epidemiology of RSV over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods.
In addition to the total number of cases for each forecast year, DRG Epidemiology provides at least ten years of forecast data for the following RSV subpopulations:
- Live births by gestational age status.
- Pediatric inpatients by risk group status.
- Pediatric outpatients by risk group status.
- Inpatients aged 0-4 years.
- Outpatients aged 0-4 years.
- Singleton pregnancy scheme.
Note: Coverage may vary by country.
- Respiratory Syncytial Virus - Epidemiology - Mature Markets
- Key Findings
- Event Estimates of Respiratory Syncytial Virus per 1,000 Among People of All Ages in 2019 and 2039
- Relative Sizes of the Contributing Factors to the Trend in Events of Respiratory Syncytial Virus Over the Next 20 Years
- Analysis of the Events of Respiratory Syncytial Virus in 2019, by Age
- Epidemiology Data
- Diagnosed Events: Inpatients
- Diagnosed Events: Outpatients
- Pediatric Patient Populations, by Risk Group
- Singleton Pregnancies
- Gestational Age
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of Respiratory Syncytial Virus
- Studies Excluded from the Analysis of Respiratory Syncytial Virus
- Risk/Protective Factors
- Risk/Protective Factors for Respiratory Syncytial Virus