Clarivate Epidemiology’s coverage of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in 45 countries worldwide. We report both the diagnosed incidence and total prevalence of HIV for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Clarivate Epidemiology’s HIV therapy forecast will answer the following questions:
- How will changes in the levels of exposure to known risk or protective factors affect the number of people diagnosed with HIV per year?
- How will improvements in survival change the number of people living with HIV?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of HIV over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the Clarivate Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is provided for full transparency into research and methods.
Clarivate Epidemiology provides at least 10 years of forecast data for the following HIV patient populations:
- Diagnosed incident cases.
- Total prevalent cases.
- Total prevalent cases by diagnosis (mature pharmaceutical markets only).
- Diagnosed prevalent cases by treatment status (mature pharmaceutical markets only).
Note: Coverage may vary by country and region.
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus - Epidemiology - Mature Markets
- Key Findings
- Key Updates
- Diagnosed Incidence of Human Immunodeficiency Virus Infection Among People of All Ages in 2021 and 2031
- Relative Sizes of the Contributing Factors to the Trend in Diagnosed Incident Cases of Human Immunodeficiency Virus Infection Over the Next 10 Years
- Number of Diagnosed Incident Cases of Human Immunodeficiency Virus Infection Avoided Over 2021-2031 in the Countries Under Study as a Result of PrEP Program Implementation
- Epidemiology Data
- Diagnosed Incidence
- Total Prevalence
- Diagnosed and Drug-Treated Prevalence
- PrEP-Eligible Population
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of HIV Infection
- Studies Excluded from the Analysis of HIV Infection
- Risk/Protective Factors
- Risk/Protective Factors for HIV Infection