Clarivate Epidemiology's coverage of venous thromboembolism (VTE) comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in 45 countries worldwide. We report the diagnosed incidence of VTE for each country, as well as annualized event counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets of the United States, Europe, and Japan; we use 10 years for the rest of the countries.
Clarivate Epidemiology's VTE forecast will answer the following questions:
- Of all diagnosed VTE events, how many in each country are drug-treated?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of VTE over the forecast period?
- How will improvements in healthcare access and diagnostic technology affect the epidemiology of VTE in the low-income countries over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the Clarivate Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods.
Clarivate Epidemiology forecasts eight VTE patient populations as follows:
- Diagnosed VTE events.
- Diagnosed DVT events.
- Diagnosed PE events.
- Diagnosed DVT events by drug treatment.
- Diagnosed PE events by Drug treatment.
- Diagnosed VTE events by etiology.
- Diagnosed VTE events by cancer association.
- Diagnosed VTE events by recurrence.
Note: Coverage may vary by country and region.
- Venous Thromboembolism - Epidemiology - Europe
- Key Findings
- Diagnosed Incidence of Venous Thromboembolism Among People of All Ages in 2021 and 2041
- Relative Sizes of Factors Contributing to the Trend in Diagnosed Incidence of Venous Thromboembolism Over the Next 20 Years
- Analysis of the Diagnosed Venous Thromboembolism Events by Etiology
- Epidemiology Data
- Diagnosed Events of Venous Thromboembolism
- Venous Thromboembolism Events by Etiology
- Venous Thromboembolism Events by Cancer Association
- Venous Thromboembolism Events by Recurrence
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of Venous Thromboembolism
- Studies Excluded from the Analysis of Venous Thromboembolism
- Risk/Protective Factors
- Risk/Protective Factors for Venous Thromboembolism