Clarivate Epidemiology’s coverage of hypertension comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in 45 countries worldwide. We report the prevalence of hypertension for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets and 10 years for the other countries covered in this report. In addition to forecasting prevalent patient populations, we estimate the number of drug-treatment opportunities in specific lines of therapy.
Clarivate Epidemiology’s hypertension forecast will answer the following questions:
- Of all people with hypertension, how many in each country under study have been formally diagnosed?
- Of all people diagnosed with hypertension, how many in each country under study are drug-treated?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of hypertension over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the Clarivate Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods.
In total, Clarivate Epidemiology forecasts 27 hypertension patient populations, including the following:
- Total prevalent cases of hypertension.
- Total prevalent cases of prehypertension.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases of hypertension.
- Diagnosed drug-treated prevalent cases of hypertension.
- Diagnosed drug-treated prevalent cases of controlled hypertension.
- Total prevalent cases of hypertension controlled with one antihypertensive drug.
- Total prevalent cases of hypertension controlled with two antihypertensive drugs.
- Total prevalent cases of hypertension controlled with three or more antihypertensive drugs.
- … and many more (details available on request).
Note: Coverage may vary by country.
- Hypertension - Epidemiology - Americas
- Epidemiology data
- Literature review (studies included in/excluded from the analyses of hypertension)
- Total prevalence of hypertension
- Percentage diagnosed
- Percentage drug-treated
- Percentage controlled
- Risk / protective factors applied to disease forecast models
- Reference materials
- Abbreviation table