DRG Epidemiology's coverage of acute coronary syndrome comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations across 45 countries worldwide. We report both the incidence and prevalence of acute coronary syndrome for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets and 10 years for the other countries covered in this report.
DRG Epidemiology's acute coronary syndrome forecast will answer the following questions:
- How will improvements in survival change the number of people living with a diagnosis of acute coronary syndrome?
- Of all people diagnosed with acute coronary syndrome, how many in each country across the world are drug-treated?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of acute coronary syndrome over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods. In addition, we provide a graphical depiction of the patient flow between or within different disease states for the major mature pharmaceutical markets. These patient flow diagrams are provided at the regional level, but they may be requested for any specific country or forecast year.
In addition to the total number of cases for each forecast year, DRG Epidemiology provides at least ten years of forecast data for the following acute coronary syndrome subpopulations:
- Diagnosed events – NSTEMI by drug-treatment status.
- Diagnosed events – STEMI by drug-treatment status.
- Diagnosed events – UA by drug-treatment status.
- Diagnosed events by type status.
- 12-month diagnosed prevalent cases – NSTEMI.
- 12-month diagnosed prevalent cases – STEMI.
- 12-month diagnosed prevalent cases – UA.
- Diagnosed events with a history of MI status.
- Diagnosed events with a history of stroke status.
- Diagnosed events with hypertension status.
- … and more (details available on request).
Note: Coverage may vary by country.
- Acute Coronary Syndrome - Epidemiology - Europe
- Key Findings
- Diagnosed Events of Acute Coronary Syndrome per 1,000 Among People Aged 15 or Older in 2018 and 2028
- Relative Sizes of the Contributing Factors to the Trend in Diagnosed Events of Acute Coronary Syndrome over the Next Ten Years
- Analysis of the Diagnosed Events of Acute Coronary Syndrome in 2018 by Subtype
- Epidemiology Data
- Diagnosed Events
- Diagnosed Events by Subtype
- Drug-Treated Events of Acute Coronary Syndrome
- 12-Month Diagnosed Prevalent Cases
- Lifetime Prevalent Cases
- Diagnosed Events by Comorbid Hypertension
- Diagnosed Events by Comorbid Diabetes Mellitus
- Diagnosed Events by History of Stroke
- Diagnosed Events by History of Myocardial Infarction
- Diagnosed Events by Comorbid Hyperlipidemia
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of Acute Coronary Syndrome
- Studies Excluded from the Analysis of Acute Coronary Syndrome
- Risk/Protective Factors
- Risk/Protective Factors for Acute Coronary Syndrome