Clarivate Epidemiology’s coverage of chronic heart failure (CHF) comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in 45 countries worldwide. We report the diagnosed prevalence of CHF for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets and 10 years for the other countries covered in this content.
Clarivate Epidemiology’s CHF forecast will answer the following questions:
- Of all people diagnosed with CHF, how many in each of the major mature pharmaceutical markets are drug-treated?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of CHF over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the Clarivate Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods.
In addition to the total number of cases for each forecast year, Clarivate Epidemiology provides at least 10 years of forecast data for the following CHF subpopulations:
- Diagnosed prevalent cases of CHF by comorbid atrial fibrillation (AF).
- Diagnosed prevalent cases of CHF by comorbid chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Diagnosed prevalent cases of CHF by comorbid diabetes.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases of CHF by comorbid hypertension.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases of CHF by comorbid coronary heart disease (CHD).
- Diagnosed prevalent cases of CHF by comorbid dyslipidemia.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases of CHF by history of myocardial infarction (MI).
- Diagnosed prevalent cases of CHF by history of stroke.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases of CHF by comorbid obesity.
- Diagnosed prevalent CHF cases by New York Heart Association (NYHA) functional classification status.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases of CHF characterized by reduced ejection fraction (EF).
- Diagnosed prevalent cases of CHF characterized by preserved or mid-range EF.
- … and more (details available on request).
Note: Coverage may vary by country.
- Chronic Heart Failure - Epidemiology - Emerging Markets
- Key Findings
- Diagnosed Prevalence of Chronic Heart Failure Among People Aged 20+ in 2021 and 2031
- Relative Sizes of the Factors Contributing to the Trend in Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Chronic Heart Failure Over the Next 10 Years
- Analysis of the Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Chronic Heart Failure in the Countries Under Study by NYHA Functional Classification
- Epidemiology Data
- Diagnosed Prevalence
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases by New York Heart Association Functional Classification
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Chronic Heart Failure Classified by Ejection Fraction
- Drug-Treated Prevalent Cases
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of Chronic Heart Failure
- Studies Excluded from the Analysis of Chronic Heart Failure
- Risk/Protective Factors
- Risk/Protective Factors for Chronic Heart Failure