Clarivate Epidemiology’s coverage of pulmonary hypertension (PH) comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in 14 mature and emerging pharmaceutical markets worldwide. We report the prevalence of PH for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets and 10 years for the other countries covered in this report.
Clarivate Epidemiology’s PH forecast will answer the following questions:
- Of all people with PH, how many in each of the major mature pharmaceutical markets have been formally diagnosed?
- Of all people diagnosed PH, how many in each of the major mature pharmaceutical markets are drug-treated?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of PH over the forecast period?
- How will changes in the levels of exposure to known risk or protective factors affect the number of people at high-risk for PH?
All forecast data are available on the Clarivate Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods.
Clarivate Epidemiology provides at least 10 years of forecast data for the following PH patient populations:
- Diagnosed prevalent cases of PH.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases of PH by subgroup.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases of pulmonary arterial hypertension by drug treatment.
Note: Coverage may vary by country and region.
- Pulmonary Hypertension - Epidemiology - Middle East & Africa
- Key Findings
- Key Updates
- Diagnosed Prevalence of Pulmonary Hypertension per 1,000 People of All Ages in 2021 and 2031ttttttttt
- Relative Sizes of the Factors Contributing to the Trend in Prevalent Cases of Pulmonary Hypertension Over the Next 10 Yearsttttttttt
- Epidemiology Data
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Pulmonary Hypertension by Subgroup
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of Pulmonary Hypertension
- Studies Excluded From the Analysis of Pulmonary Hypertension
- Risk/Protective Factors
- Risk / Protective Factors for Pulmonary Hypertension