DRG Epidemiology's coverage of venous thromboembolism comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations across 45 countries worldwide. We report the incidence of venous thromboembolism for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets of the United States, Europe and Japan, and 10 years for the other countries covered in this report.
DRG Epidemiology's venous thromboembolism forecast will answer the following questions:
- Of all people diagnosed with venous thromboembolism, how many in each country across the world are drug-treated?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of venous thromboembolism over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods.
DRG Epidemiology provides at least ten years of forecast data for the following venous thromboembolism patient populations:
- Diagnosed VTE Events
- Diagnosed DVT Events
- Diagnosed PE Events
- Diagnosed DVT Events by Drug-Treatment
- Diagnosed PE Events by Drug-Treatment
- Diagnosed Events by Etiology
- Diagnosed Events by Cancer Association
- Diagnosed Events by Recurrence
Note: coverage may vary by country and region.
- Venous Thromboembolism - Epidemiology - Mature Markets
- Key Findings
- Diagnosed Event Estimates of Venous Thromboembolism per 1,000 People of All Ages in 2021 and 2041
- Relative Sizes of Factors Contributing to the Trend in Diagnosed Incidence of Venous Thromboembolism Over the Next 20 Years
- Analysis of the Diagnosed Venous Thromboembolism Events by Etiology
- Epidemiology Data
- Diagnosed Events of Venous Thromboembolism
- Venous Thromboembolism Events by Etiology
- Venous Thromboembolism Events by Cancer Association
- Venous Thromboembolism Events by Recurrence
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of Venous Thromboembolism
- Studies Excluded from the Analysis of Venous Thromboembolism
- Risk/Protective Factors
- Risk/Protective Factors for Venous Thromboembolism