DRG Epidemiology’s coverage of peripheral arterial disease (PAD) comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in the major mature pharmaceutical markets (the United States, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom, and Japan). We report the prevalence of PAD for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets and 10 years for the other countries covered.
DRG Epidemiology’s PAD forecast will answer the following questions:
- How will changes in the levels of exposure to known risk or protective factors affect the number of people living with PAD?
- Of all people with PAD, how many in each of the major mature pharmaceutical markets have been formally diagnosed?
- Of all people diagnosed with PAD, how many in each of the major mature pharmaceutical markets are drug-treated?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of PAD over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is provided for full transparency into research and methods.
In addition to the total number of cases for each forecast year, DRG Epidemiology provides at least ten years of forecast data for the following PAD subpopulations:
- Diagnosed prevalent cases.
- Total prevalent cases by comorbidity.
- Diagnosed CLI events.
- Total prevalent cases by symptomaticity.
Note: Coverage may vary by country.
- Peripheral Arterial Disease - Epidemiology - Mature Markets
- Key Findings
- Key Updates
- Prevalence of Peripheral Arterial Disease per 100 Among People Aged 40+ in 2020 and 2040ttttttttt
- Relative Sizes of the Factors Contributing to the Trend in Prevalent Cases of Peripheral Arterial Disease over the Next Twenty Yearsttttttttt
- Analysis of the Prevalent Cases of Peripheral Arterial Disease in 2020 by Severityttttttttt
- Number of Additional Prevalent Cases of Peripheral Arterial Disease in 2040 Across the Countries Under Study Due to Trends in Risk or Survivalttttttttt
- Epidemiology Data
- Total Incident Cases
- Total Prevalence
- Diagnosed Prevalence
- Prevalent Cases by Severity
- CLI Events
- Drug-Treated Prevalence
- Lifetime DALYs Gained
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of Peripheral Arterial Disease
- Studies Excluded from the Analysis of Peripheral Arterial Disease
- Risk/Protective Factors
- Risk/Protective Factors for Peripheral Arterial Disease