Clarivate Epidemiology’s coverage of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in 45 countries worldwide. We report the prevalence of (ADHD) for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets of the United States, Europe, and Japan and 10 years for the other countries covered in this report.
Clarivate Epidemiology’s ADHD forecast will answer the following questions:
- Of all people with ADHD, how many in each country in the developed world have been formally diagnosed?
- Of all people diagnosed with ADHD, how many in each country in the developed world are drug-treated?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of ADHD over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the Clarivate Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods.
In total, Clarivate Epidemiology forecasts 20 ADHD patient populations, as follows:
- Total prevalent cases of pediatric ADHD by DSM-IV criteria.
- Total prevalent cases of adult ADHD by DSM-IV criteria.
- Total prevalent cases of ADHD by DSM-5 criteria.
- Total prevalent cases of pediatric ADHD by subtype.
- Total prevalent cases of pediatric ADHD by comorbid oppositional defiant disorder (ODD).
- Total prevalent cases of pediatric ADHD by symptoms.
- Total prevalent cases of adult ADHD by subtype.
- Prevalent cases of adult ADHD by diagnosis status.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases of adult ADHD by drug-treatment status.
- … and many more (details available on request).
Note: Coverage may vary by country.
- Attention-Deficit-Hyperactivity Disorder - Epidemiology - Americas
- Epidemiology data
- Literature review (studies included in/excluded from the analyses of ADHD)
- Total prevalent cases of ADHD (DSM-IV)
- Total prevalent cases of pediatric ADHD symptoms
- Total prevalent cases of ADHD (DSM-5)
- Total prevalent cases of ADHD by subtype
- Total prevalent cases of pediatric ADHD with comorbid ODD
- Risk / protective factors applied to disease forecast models
- Reference materials