DRG Epidemiology’s coverage of migraine comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in 45 countries. We report the prevalence of migraine for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets of the United States, Europe, and Japan and 10 years for other countries covered.
DRG Epidemiology’s migraine forecast will answer the following questions:
- Of all people diagnosed with migraine, how many in each of the major mature pharmaceutical markets are drug-treated?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of migraine over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is provided for full transparency into research and methods.
In addition to the total number of cases for each forecast year, DRG Epidemiology provides at least ten years of forecast data for the following migraine subpopulations:
- Diagnosed prevalent chronic cases by acute-drug-treatment status.
- Diagnosed prevalent chronic cases by prophylactic-drug-treatment status.
- Diagnosed prevalent episodic cases by acute-drug-treatment status.
- Diagnosed prevalent episodic cases by prophylactic-drug-treatment status.
- Total episodic cases by severity status.
- Total episodic events.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases of episodic migraine.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases of chronic migraine.
Note: Coverage may vary by country.
- Migraine - Epidemiology - Asia-Pacific
- Key Findings
- Prevalence of Migraine per 1,000 Among People Aged 15+ in 2018 and 2028tttttttttttttttt
- Relative Sizes of the Factors Contributing to the Trend in Prevalent Cases of Migraine over the Next Ten Yearsttttttttt
- Epidemiology Data
- Total Migraine Prevalence
- Episodic Migraine Prevalence
- Chronic Migraine Prevalence
- Frequency of Episodic Migraine Attacks
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Migraine
- Drug-Treated Prevalent Cases of Migraine
- Total Migraine Incident Cases
- Lifetime DALYs Gained
- Total Episodic events of Migraine
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of Migraine
- Studies Excluded from the Analysis of Migraine
- Risk/Protective Factors