DRG Epidemiology’s coverage of chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations across the mature pharmaceutical markets (the United States, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom, and Japan), as well as many other European countries. We report the prevalence of CFS for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
DRG Epidemiology’s CFS forecast will answer the following questions:
- Of all people with CFS, how many in each country have been formally diagnosed?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of CFS over the forecast period?
- How many people with diagnosed CFS also have fibromyalgia?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods.
DRG Epidemiology provides at least ten years of forecast data for the following CFS patient populations:
- Prevalent cases.
- Prevalent cases by diagnosis status.
- Prevalent cases with comorbid fibromyalgia.
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - Epidemiology - Mature Markets
- Key Findings
- Total Prevalence of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome per 1,000 Adults in 2021 and 2041tttttttttttttttt
- Relative Sizes of the Factors Contributing to the Trend in Total Prevalent Cases of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Over the Next 20 Yearsttttttttt
- Epidemiology Data
- Total Prevalent Cases
- Total Prevalent Cases With Pain in Two or More Joints
- Total Prevalent Cases With Muscle Pain
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases With Fibromyalgia
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Studies Excluded from the Analysis of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Risk/Protective Factors
- Risk/Protective Factors for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome