Clarivate Epidemiology’s coverage of generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in the major mature pharmaceutical markets (United States, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom, and Japan). We report the prevalence of GAD for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets and 10 years for the other countries covered in this report.
Clarivate Epidemiology’s GAD forecast will answer the following questions:
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of GAD over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the Clarivate Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is provided for full transparency into research and methods.
In addition to the total number of prevalent cases for each forecast year, Clarivate Epidemiology provides at least ten years of forecast data for the following GAD subpopulations:
- Total prevalent cases of GAD by DSM-IV severity.
- Total prevalent cases of GAD by DSM-5 severity.
- Total prevalent cases of DSM-5-based GAD by comorbidity.
- Total incident cases of DSM-5-based GAD.
- Lifetime DALYs gained.
Note: Coverage may vary by country.
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder - Epidemiology - Mature Markets Data
- Key Findings
- Total Prevalence Estimates of Generalized Anxiety Disorder per 1,000 People Aged 20+ Years in 2021 and 2041
- Relative Sizes of the Contributing Factors to the Trend in Total Prevalent Cases of Generalized Anxiety Disorder over the Next 20 Years
- Analysis of the Prevalent Cases of Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2021 by Severity
- Epidemiology Data
- Total Prevalent Cases: DSM-IV
- Total Prevalent Cases: DSM-5
- Total DSM-5 Prevalent Cases by Comorbidity
- Total Prevalent Cases by Severity
- Total Incident Cases: DSM-5
- Lifetime DALYs Gained
- Percentage Diagnosed
- Percentage Drug-Treated
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Studies Excluded from the Analysis of Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Risk/Protective Factors
- Risk/Protective Factors for Generalized Anxiety Disorder