DRG Epidemiology’s coverage of osteoarthritis (OA) pain comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in the mature pharmaceutical markets (the United States, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom, and Japan). We report the prevalence of OA pain for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
DRG Epidemiology’s OA pain forecast will answer the following questions:
- Of all people with OA pain, how many in each country have been formally diagnosed?
- How many people diagnosed with OA pain are drug-treated?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods.
DRG Epidemiology provides at least ten years of forecast data for the following OA pain patient populations:
- Diagnosed prevalent cases.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases by drug-treatment status.
- Osteoarthritic Pain - Epidemiology - Mature Markets
- Key Findings
- Diagnosed Prevalence of Osteoarthritis Pain per 1,000 Adults in 2021 and 2041tttttttttttttttttt
- Relative Sizes of the Contributing Factors to the Trend in Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Osteoarthritis Pain over the Next 20 Yearsttttttttt
- Number of Additional Prevalent Cases of Diagnosed Osteoarthritis Pain in 2041 in the Countries Under Study due to Trends in Risk tttttttt
- Epidemiology Data
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Osteoarthritis Pain
- Drug-Treated Prevalent Cases of Osteoarthritis Pain
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of Osteoarthritis Pain
- Studies Excluded from the Analysis of Osteoarthritis Pain
- Risk/Protective Factors
- Risk/Protective Factors for Osteoarthritis Pain