DRG Epidemiology's coverage of autism spectrum disorder comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations across the major mature pharmaceutical markets (the United States, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom, and Japan). We report the prevalence of autism spectrum disorder for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
The patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets. DRG Epidemiology's autism spectrum disorder forecast will answer the following question:
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of autism spectrum disorder over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods.
In addition to the total number of cases for each forecast year, DRG Epidemiology provides at least ten years of forecast data for autism spectrum disorder subtypes.
Note: Coverage may vary by country and region.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder - Epidemiology - Mature Markets
- Key Findings
- Prevalence of Autism Spectrum Disorder (DSM-IV Criteria) per 1,000 Among People of all Ages in 2021 and 2041
- Prevalence of Autism Spectrum Disorder (DSM-5 Criteria) Among People of all Ages in 2021 and 2041
- Relative Sizes of the Contributing Factors to the Trend in Prevalent Cases of Autism Spectrum Disorder Over the Next 20 Years
- Analysis of Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Autism Spectrum Disorder (DSM-IV criteria) Across the Countries Under Study in 2021, by Subtype
- Epidemiology Data
- Total Prevalent Cases of Autism Spectrum Disorder (DSM-IV)
- Total Prevalent Cases of Autism Spectrum Disorder (DSM-5)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Subtype
- Total Prevalent Cases of Autism Spectrum Disorder (DSM IV) With Chromosome15q11.2-13.1 Duplication
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Studies Excluded From the Analysis of Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Risk/Protective Factors
- Risk/Protective Factors for Autism Spectrum Disorder