DRG Epidemiology’s coverage of migraine comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in 45 countries worldwide. We report the prevalence of migraine for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets of the United States, Europe, and Japan and 10 years for the other countries covered.
DRG Epidemiology’s migraine forecast will answer the following questions:
- Of all people with migraine, how many in each of the major mature pharmaceutical markets have been formally diagnosed?
- Of all people diagnosed with migraine, how many in each of the major mature pharmaceutical markets are drug-treated?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of migraine over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is provided for full transparency into research and methods.
In addition to the total number of cases for each forecast year, DRG Epidemiology provides at least ten years of forecast data for the following migraine subpopulations:
- Diagnosed prevalent chronic cases by acute drug-treatment status.
- Diagnosed prevalent chronic cases by prophylactic drug-treatment status.
- Diagnosed prevalent episodic cases by acute drug-treatment status.
- Diagnosed prevalent episodic cases by prophylactic drug-treatment status.
- Total episodic cases by severity status.
- Total episodic events.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases of episodic migraine.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases of chronic migraine.
Note: Coverage may vary by country.
- Migraine - Epidemiology - Mature Markets
- Key Findings
- Prevalence of Migraine per 1,000 Among People Aged 15+ in 2018 and 2038ttttttt
- Relative Sizes of the Factors Contributing to the Trend in Prevalent Cases of Migraine over the Next 20 Yearsttttttttttttttt
- Analysis of the Prevalent Cases of Migraine in 2018 by Frequency of Attack ttttttttt
- Epidemiology Data
- Total Migraine Prevalence
- Episodic Migraine Prevalence
- Chronic Migraine Prevalence
- Frequency of Episodic Migraine Attacks
- Total Episodic events of Migraine
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Migraine
- Drug-Treated Prevalent Cases of Migraine
- Total Incident Migraine Cases
- Lifetime DALYs Gained
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Studies Included in the Analysis of Migraine
- Studies Excluded from the Analysis of Migraine
- Risk/Protective Factors