Instructions for uploading your PowerPoint presentation and survey:
Topical corticosteroids, topical calcineurin inhibitors, and systemic immunosuppressants have historically served as the backbone of AD treatment. The launch of the first targeted biology therapy approved for AD, Sanofi/Regeneron’s Dupixent, has provided physicians with a much-needed alternative to cyclosporine and other immunosuppressants to treat moderate to severe disease that requires systemic therapy. Furthermore, the burgeoning AD pipeline is poised to bring as many as nine new agents from five classes to market over the next five years. Here, we explore current prescribing patterns of key physician specialties, factors that drive or constrain physicians’ use of key therapies, including Dupixent, and the changes in prescribing that clinicians expect in the coming year.
- How do European dermatologists and pediatricians differ in their management of AD?
- In which line of therapy is Dupixent being used?
- Which drugs are the patient-share leaders in AD? How are key nonsteroidal agents positioned in surveyed physicians’ treatment algorithms?
- What are the most influential drivers of treatment selection in AD?
- What are the common treatment scenarios preceding initiation of nonsteroidal therapies, including Dupixent and topical calcineurin inhibitors?
- What factors move patients through lines of therapy?
- Geographies: EU5
- Primary research: Survey of 30 dermatologists and 20 pediatricians each in France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom
- Key drugs covered: Dupixent, Protopic, Elidel, Toctino, cyclosporine, methotrexate, mycophenolate mofetil, topical corticosteroids
- Key insights provided: Factors influencing disease management and treatment decisions, drivers and constraints of treatment selection, physician-reported treatment practices and brand-level patient shares, rationale for changes in treatment approach, physician insight on persistency and compliance, physician-reported recent/anticipated changes in brand use or treatment approach.
Current Treatment: Physician Insights provides physician insights on treatment dynamics, prescribing behavior, and drivers of brand use so that marketers can create specific messaging around these treatment dynamics to more effectively increase or defend their market position.
- Atopic Dermatitis/Atopic Eczema - Current Treatment - Detailed, Expanded Analysis : Current Treatment : Physician Insights (EU5)
- Current Treatment: Physician Insights Atopic Dermatitis EU5 June 2019