SLE is an autoimmune disease characterized by varied symptoms ranging from general fatigue to serious organ manifestations. Options available to treat SLE are limited, with hydroxychloroquine, corticosteroids, and immunosuppressants as the mainstays of treatment. However, not all patients respond to these therapies and many report significant adverse events; in these patients, physicians administer biologics, such as GlaxoSmithKline’s Benlysta (the only biologic approved for SLE) and Genentech/Biogen’s Rituxan (used off-label). “Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (excluding active lupus nephritis and severe CNS manifestations) Current Treatment” content offers valuable insights into treatment algorithm of the disease, physician prescribing behavior, and patient share dynamics of current therapies used to treat lupus nephritis. Better understanding of patient treatment pathways and drivers of physicians’ treatment decisions can help elucidate physician preferences and patient share dynamics for these agents as well as provide valuable insights for manufacturers of novel brands coming to market.
- What patient share do key drug classes and individual therapies garner in mild, moderate, and severe SLE (excluding severe lupus nephritis and severe CNS manifestations)?
- Which main factors influence treatment practices in SLE (excluding severe lupus nephritis and severe CNS manifestations)? What is the sequencing of treatment in this patient population? What do physicians report as recent and anticipated changes in their treatment practices?
- Which features drive the choice of a therapy for SLE without severe lupus nephritis and severe CNS manifestations? What are the key barriers in prescribing of SLE therapies?
- What are the compliance and persistency rates for key SLE therapies?
Current Treatment: Physician Insights provides physician insights on treatment dynamics, prescribing behavior, and drivers of brand use so you can create specific messaging around these treatment dynamics in order to more effectively increase or defend your market position.
Survey of 102 rheumatologists in the United States.
KEY DRUGS COVERED
Benlysta (IV), Benlysta (SC), Rituxan (rituximab), Orencia (abatacept), mycophenolate mofetil, cyclophosphamide, azathioprine, cyclosporine, methotrexate, tacrolimus, hydroxychloroquine.
KEY INSIGHTS PROVIDED
- Factors influencing disease management and treatment decisions.
- Drivers and constraints of treatment selection.
- Physician reported treatment practices and brand-level patient shares.
- Rationale for changes in treatment approach.
- Physician insight on persistency and compliance.
- Physician reported recent/anticipated changes in brand usage or treatment approach.
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus - Current Treatment - Detailed, Expanded Analysis: Current Treatment - Physician Insights (US) Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (excluding Active Lupus Nephritis And Severe CNS Manifestations)
- Current Treatment: Physician Insights Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (Excluding Active Lupus Nephritis and Severe CNS Manifestations) (US)
Mohit Nasa, M.B.A.
Mohit Nasa, M.B.A., is a principal analyst on the Immune and Inflammatory Disorders team at Clarivate. He has authored content on such indications as systemic lupus erythropoiesis, psoriasis, asthma, and rheumatoid arthritis. Previously, he worked as a senior business analyst at Novartis, where he was responsible for end-to-end market assessment and related projects for Novartis’s asthma brand Xolair. Mr. Nasa holds a bachelor’s degree in pharmacy and an M.B.A. in marketing and CRM from Amity Business School in India.