Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) affects more than 1 million people in the United States. Behavioral and developmental therapies are the cornerstones of ASD treatments. Pharmacological intervention is used mainly to manage specific symptoms associated with the disease. However, there are only two FDA-approved treatments for irritability associated with ASD; all other treatments are off-label. Our Treatment Algorithms study provides national patient-level claims data to explore the use of key therapies in both newly diagnosed and recently treated patients, providing insight into the current treatment landscape for ASD.
QUESTIONS ANSWERED ·
- What patient share do key therapies and brands garner by line of therapy in newly diagnosed ASD patients? What are the quarterly trends in prescribing among recently treated and newly diagnosed ASD patients?
- How have atypical antipsychotics been integrated into the treatment algorithm?
- What proportion of ASD patients receive drug therapy within one year of diagnosis, and how quickly? What percentage of patients progress to later lines of therapy within one year of diagnosis?
- What percentage of ASD patients are treated with monotherapy versus combination therapy? What are the most widely used combination therapies?
- What are the product-level compliance and persistency rates among drug-treated patients with ASD?
Treatment Algorithms: Claims Data Analysis provides detailed analysis of brand usage across different lines of therapy using real-world data patient-level claims data so you can accurately assess your source of business and quantify areas of opportunity for increasing your brand share.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder - Current Treatment - Detailed, Expanded Analysis - Treatment Algorithms - Claims Data Analysis (US)
- Treatment Algorithms Claims Data Analysis in Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Treatment Algorithms CDA Autism Spectrum Disorder 2022 Dashboard