In just a few short months, COVID-19 swept through the world. In a recent study* conducted by Derwent, almost half of senior decision makers (49%) said COVID-19 has disrupted their innovation strategy.
Organizations have experienced disruption to their innovation strategy and activity, and patent research but their commitment to innovation is unwavering. Close to a quarter (23%) of 247 companies surveyed noted more of their innovations being re-purposed in markets beyond their primary industry. In such times, companies are opting to save costs by discontinuing renewals for patents which are weak or not in line with their core business. At the same time, companies are also focussed on identifying patents which are valuable for either selling or out-licensing.
In this webinar, we will cover the following topics:
– Strategic patent analysis: Outline process to identify patents that are important for core business
– Patent monetisation: Understand best practice to identify patents that are a good potential for selling or licensing-out
– Identifying potential partners: How to identify potential partners or licensees
– Case studies: Understand how Derwent is helping organizations globally in their patent evaluation process
– Interview: A special interview with the team at Zacco, one of Europe’s largest Intellectual Property protection firms, for insights on patent evaluation and cost management