We are pleased to announce the release of an update for Derwent Data Analyzer. Version 11 adds several performance enhancements and stability improvements to the DDA suite. The highlights are outlined below.
Downloading and installing DDAv11
Details on upgrading from an earlier version and transitioning from 32-bit to 64-bit versions can be found on our website in the upgrade FAQ.
- Sample Data available as an optional download. Creates a smaller installation package
- Improved reliability during API Imports.
- Speed improvement when importing multiple files at once.
- Reduce overall RAM usage during imports.
- Saving immediately after import now improves performance and is highly recommended, especially for large files.
- Added capability to tokenize Chinese or Japanese text.
- Enhanced Acronym Identification in Refine NLP
- Fixed bug with instance counts after further processing.
- Edit Groups Dialog: Combine overlapping items in groups (AND) or Combine all items in groups (OR)
- Speed improvements for List Cleanup and Find & Replace Thesaurus.
- Refine NLP runs significantly faster as a result.
- Merge Fields, Create Thesaurus from Groups, and Create Groups from Thesaurus dialogs modernized.
- Speed improvement when saving a thesaurus from List Cleanup.
- Fixed missing checkmarks in List Cleanup Confirmation dialog.
- New Dialog for Concatenate Fields tool.
- Smart Trainer will now recommend categories as you classify by highlighting the suggested category of a record with a light blue color.
- Manage Record Classification Interface improvement. Import categories directly from existing field content or group names.
- Smart Trainer selects better content (records) up front for easier classification and to improve confidence.
- Create Custom Indicators using the Indicator builder dialog within a Statistics sheet.
- Rank Titles by proximity to centroid (most exemplar of the category) when clicking on a Category within a Classification field List view.
- Speed up copying from List and Matrix views.
- Speed up numeric sort in lists.
- Speed up selection in lists.
- Pivot Tool: Add Multiple Pie Chart and Excel Export to display options.
- Added VizLink Chart with triple chart view. Selections in the leftmost chart will filter the charts on the right, and selections in the top right chart will filter the bottom right chart allowing for drill down into the data.
- Increased possible label size for Column, Bar, and Line Charts.
- Increased resolution for World Map allowing users to drill down to more countries.
- Moved horizontal scroll bar for matrices above the sheet tabs.
- Improved out of memory handling and messaging to user.
- Fixed bug where multi-line tooltips were too persistent
- Streamlined data structures resulting in speed improvement when saving large data files.
- Saving and Opening files now all use the same modern dialog.
- Increased default size of record views
- Creating Key fields is much faster.
- Better column sizing for Record Views to eliminate “column size lock”
For this release we’ve made the 64 bit version the only version due to the wide adoption of 64 bit Windows as the standard operating system. The 64 bit version of Derwent Data Analyzer has advantages in handling large data samples over the 32 bit version. The 32-bit version of DDA is no longer supported.